Getting Around Cameron Highlands
If you took the advise by self-drive to reach your travel destination, then it just simply a matter of getting yourself a map and driving around. Plenty of maps are available over there and very inexpensive too (about RM4-5 per map). Or if you prefer, you can always drop by a local bookstore and grab one before heading to Cameron Highland. It'll cost a little more, about RM10 per map, but still cheap. At least you can plan ahead and decide what are the sights you want to visit and get yourself familiarize with the Cameron Highland layout.
For those who are on their own two feet, well, you will have to walk a lot! Cameron Highlands is quite big and is not quite possible to cover the many interesting places. And if you are like me, having flat feet is no easy task to tackle those hills! (You could bring your bicycle with you but that is a different story). Of course if you are planning to stay there for a week or month, you could take your time to cover the area on foot.
Fret not, there are taxis for hire in Tanah Rata and Brinchang. They may charge by the hour or for specific journeys. On the other hand you could opt in for a travel package provided by the tour operators. Saves you a lot of walking and you may get to go places not normally mentioned on guides (Like me! I'm still discovering the place! Maybe I will try them one day...) But you are stuck with their tour program.
As for public buses to travel around Cameron Highlands destinations? Be prepared for a long wait! Public buses' schedules are never quite on time nor on regular intervals. Not quite advisable to rely on this mode of transport to get around the highlands. Bus are operated by the Regal Bus Co Ltd Sdn Bhd.
If you still dare to try it, the buses run from Tapah to Tanah Rata to Kampung Raja and vice-versa. The buses stops at Ringlet, Lakehouse, Habu, Tanah Rata, Brinchang, Kea Farm, Butterfly farm, the junction to Sg Palas, Tringkap and Kuala Terla, among others. Bus availability is approximately hourly basis from 8am to 6pm, but don't bet on it to come on time from one travel destinations to another! You've been warned!
- How to go Cameron Highlands
- Getting there by Coach/Buses
- Getting and moving around Cameron Highlands
- Cameron Highlands Map - a rough guide.
- Pahang state map, tourism Malaysia
- Bus station Terminal Freesia at Tanah Rata
- Driving tips to your travel destination
- Travel from Singapore to Cameron Highlands
- While passing by Simpang Pulai, how about a quick detour to Kellie's Castle?
- Idil's Light Hearted Cameron Highlands Trip Account
- From Cameron Highlands to Tasik Kenyir lake Terengganu. An outdoor adventure drive!
- Take a break from your long Cameron Highlands journey and stop by Bidor, Perak for a quick meal and white coffee break.
- Break the long journey to Cameron Highlands; guide to the North-South PLUS Expressway
- PLUS Rest Service Areas in Johor - Machap and Pagoh
- Guide to plan a 3 days / 2 nights travel itinerary
- Year 2011 Calendar Malaysia Holidays
- Year 2010 Calendar Malaysia Holidays for planning your trip to Cameron Highlands
- Year 2009 Calendar Malaysia Holidays for planning your trip to Cameron Highlands
- Year 2008 Calendar Malaysia Holidays for planning your trip to Cameron Highlands
- Avoid the crowd when planning your cuti-cuti trip to Cameron Highlands
- View the year 2007 calendar as a guide to plan for your vacation
- The troubles you might experience on a peak season - traffic jams and water shortage woes
- How about planning a day trip to Cameron Highlands?