Jim Thompson Mystery Solved!
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King
Glimpses of the past
James (Jim) Harrison Wilson Thompson was born on March 21, 1906 in Greenville, Delaware, USA. He spent his early years of education at St Paul's boarding school. He later went on to enrol at Princeton. Post-graduate studies followed at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Architecture but he failed to get his degree at this institution due to his weakness in calculus.
In 1931, he settled for a career which involved the designing of homes for the East Coast rich. In the initial stages of his employment, he found his assignments to be both rewarding and satisfying. After a while, the glamour of being an architect lost its attention for him. In 1941, he gave up his job and joined the Delaware National Guard. Five years later, he was commissioned as a lieutenant. Just before the outbreak of the Second World War, he was transferred to a military outpost in Fort Monroe, Virginia. It was here that he got to know two persons, both of whom were to have a dramatic impact on his life.
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King (Excerpt) by Edward Roy De Souza
- Chapter 1 - The hunt for Jim Thompson
- Chapter 2 - Glimpses of the past
- Chapter 3 - Jim Thompson's founding of the Thai Silk Company
- Chapter 4 - Jim Thompson's 'House on the Klong'
- Chapter 5 - Jim Thompson visits the Cameron Highlands
- Chapter 6 - Jim Thompson's close shave
- Chapter 7 - Jim Thompson heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
- Chapter 8 - Jim Thompson's disappearance causes concern
- Chapter 9 - Dr Ling meets a shady character
- Chapter 10 - General Black joins in the hunt
- Chapter 11 - Thai Silk Company increases reward for finder of Jim Thompson
- Chapter 12 - Richard Noone comes up with a different view
- Chapter 13 - To each his own
- Chapter 14 - Jim Thompson's sister found dead
- Chapter Finale - Did Jim Thompson plan his disappearance?
Excerpts from "SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King", an imprint of Word Association Publishers (www.wordassociation.com), 205 5th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084, USA. ISBN: 1-932205-89-6. Copyright 2004 by Edward Roy De Souza. email@example.com
- Jim Thompson Unsolved Mystery at Cameron Highlands
- Jim Thompson House
- Jim Thompson Mystery Solved! Introduction
Posted on 3-Aug-2006