Jim Thompson Mystery Solved!
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King
Jim's founding of the Thai Silk Company
Jim was particularly excited that silk was gradually becoming a hit among the fashion-conscious. While moving around, he came across a run-down shop which sold Thai silk. For a while, he toyed with the idea that he could improve on the quality of the material. But he realised he was unable to do so immediately because of a shortage of funds. That same year, however, a chance came his way. He met George Barrie, an old-time friend from Santa Monica, California. He brought George to the Chinese silk shop. George was amazed at what he saw. At first sight, he knew Thai silk had the potential of being a marketable item. Towards the end of 1948, George partnered Jim to form the Thai Silk Company. It was capitalised at US$25,000. They each bought eighteen per cent of its shares. The remaining sixty-four per cent were sold to both Thai and foreign investors.
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King (Excerpt) by Edward Roy De Souza
- Chapter 1 - The hunt for Jim Thompson
- Chapter 2 - Glimpses of the past
- Chapter 3 - Jim Thompson's founding of the Thai Silk Company
- Chapter 4 - Jim Thompson's 'House on the Klong'
- Chapter 5 - Jim Thompson visits the Cameron Highlands
- Chapter 6 - Jim Thompson's close shave
- Chapter 7 - Jim Thompson heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
- Chapter 8 - Jim Thompson's disappearance causes concern
- Chapter 9 - Dr Ling meets a shady character
- Chapter 10 - General Black joins in the hunt
- Chapter 11 - Thai Silk Company increases reward for finder of Jim Thompson
- Chapter 12 - Richard Noone comes up with a different view
- Chapter 13 - To each his own
- Chapter 14 - Jim Thompson's sister found dead
- Chapter Finale - Did Jim Thompson plan his disappearance?
Excerpts from "SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King", an imprint of Word Association Publishers (www.wordassociation.com), 205 5th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084, USA. ISBN: 1-932205-89-6. Copyright 2004 by Edward Roy De Souza. email@example.com
- Jim Thompson Unsolved Mystery at Cameron Highlands
- Jim Thompson House
- Jim Thompson Mystery Solved! Introduction
Posted on 8-Aug-2006