Jim Thompson Mystery Solved!
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King
Jim heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
On Wednesday, March 29, the police were provided with a few pointers which they found to be especially helpful in their quest to locate Jim.
Che Fatimah binte Mohamed Yeh, 24, a cook at the Lutheran Mission bungalow, told superintendent A.S. Nathan that she saw Jim on Sunday at about 4pm.
"I was in the kitchen," she said, "when I saw him come up the road. He had on a white shirt and a pair of gray slacks. He stopped for a while to take a look at the garden. While looking at the plants, he did not speak to anyone. A short while later, he left the premises and headed the same way from where he came."
Jim seen at two different locations
In a separate report, a servant employed at the Overseas Mission Fellowship bungalow informed the police that she saw a man who looked like Jim. She said she saw him standing on a plateau which happens to be opposite the mansion. According to her, he was seen standing there at around 4pm. After thirty minutes or so, he was not to be seen.
The last person who saw him was an employee of the former Eastern Hotel (which is now known as the New Garden Inn). He was quite sure he saw someone who resembled Jim heading in the direction of the track which led to the golf course.
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King (Excerpt) by Edward Roy De Souza
- Chapter 1 - The hunt for Jim Thompson
- Chapter 2 - Glimpses of the past
- Chapter 3 - Jim Thompson's founding of the Thai Silk Company
- Chapter 4 - Jim Thompson's 'House on the Klong'
- Chapter 5 - Jim Thompson visits the Cameron Highlands
- Chapter 6 - Jim Thompson's close shave
- Chapter 7 - Jim Thompson heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
- Chapter 8 - Jim Thompson's disappearance causes concern
- Chapter 9 - Dr Ling meets a shady character
- Chapter 10 - General Black joins in the hunt
- Chapter 11 - Thai Silk Company increases reward for finder of Jim Thompson
- Chapter 12 - Richard Noone comes up with a different view
- Chapter 13 - To each his own
- Chapter 14 - Jim Thompson's sister found dead
- Chapter Finale - Did Jim Thompson plan his disappearance?
Excerpts from "SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King", an imprint of Word Association Publishers (www.wordassociation.com), 205 5th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084, USA. ISBN: 1-932205-89-6. Copyright 2004 by Edward Roy De Souza. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Thompson Unsolved Mystery at Cameron Highlands
- Jim Thompson House
- Jim Thompson Mystery Solved! Introduction
Posted on 8-Aug-2006