Jim Thompson Mystery Solved!
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King
Dr Ling meets a shady character
Dr Ling got back to Singapore the following day. Just after he arrived at his home, he received a call from a man who identified himself as Michael Ian Vermont. He told Dr Ling he had some information with regards to Jim's whereabouts. He asked if he could meet up with Dr Ling to see if they could discuss the subject a little further. Without any hesitation, Dr Ling agreed.
When he arrived at Dr Ling's residence, the visitor seemed a bit nervous. After gaining his composure, he informed Dr Ling that Jim was being kept at a house in Tapah. He added that if Dr Ling was prepared to accompany him to the municipality, the two of them could look into Jim's possible release.
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King (Excerpt) by Edward Roy De Souza
- Chapter 1 - The hunt for Jim Thompson
- Chapter 2 - Glimpses of the past
- Chapter 3 - Jim Thompson's founding of the Thai Silk Company
- Chapter 4 - Jim Thompson's 'House on the Klong'
- Chapter 5 - Jim Thompson visits the Cameron Highlands
- Chapter 6 - Jim Thompson's close shave
- Chapter 7 - Jim Thompson heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
- Chapter 8 - Jim Thompson's disappearance causes concern
- Chapter 9 - Dr Ling meets a shady character
- Chapter 10 - General Black joins in the hunt
- Chapter 11 - Thai Silk Company increases reward for finder of Jim Thompson
- Chapter 12 - Richard Noone comes up with a different view
- Chapter 13 - To each his own
- Chapter 14 - Jim Thompson's sister found dead
- Chapter Finale - Did Jim Thompson plan his disappearance?
Excerpts from "SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King", an imprint of Word Association Publishers (www.wordassociation.com), 205 5th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084, USA. ISBN: 1-932205-89-6. Copyright 2004 by Edward Roy De Souza. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Thompson Unsolved Mystery at Cameron Highlands
- Jim Thompson House
- Jim Thompson Mystery Solved! Introduction
Posted on 8-Aug-2006