Jim Thompson Mystery Solved!
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King
Richard Noone comes up with a different view
On Wednesday, April 26, Richard Noone and his two assistants, Rahim bin Kamman and Toh Pawang Angah Sidek, emerged from the forest. In all, they spent a total of thirty-six hours looking for Jim.
"I am fully convinced," Richard told a group of reporters, "that neither Jim nor his body are in the jungle. We went further into the jungle, starting off from where the police field force men had earlier left off. But we could not find any clue which could be of use in leading us to him.
"During our search, we came across a steep cliff. We had to turn back. I don't think it would have been possible for Jim at his age to have scaled that cliff. Furthermore, I don't think he would have gone as far as we went if he did go into the woods."
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King (Excerpt) by Edward Roy De Souza
- Chapter 1 - The hunt for Jim Thompson
- Chapter 2 - Glimpses of the past
- Chapter 3 - Jim Thompson's founding of the Thai Silk Company
- Chapter 4 - Jim Thompson's 'House on the Klong'
- Chapter 5 - Jim Thompson visits the Cameron Highlands
- Chapter 6 - Jim Thompson's close shave
- Chapter 7 - Jim Thompson heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
- Chapter 8 - Jim Thompson's disappearance causes concern
- Chapter 9 - Dr Ling meets a shady character
- Chapter 10 - General Black joins in the hunt
- Chapter 11 - Thai Silk Company increases reward for finder of Jim Thompson
- Chapter 12 - Richard Noone comes up with a different view
- Chapter 13 - To each his own
- Chapter 14 - Jim Thompson's sister found dead
- Chapter Finale - Did Jim Thompson plan his disappearance?
Excerpts from "SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King", an imprint of Word Association Publishers (www.wordassociation.com), 205 5th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084, USA. ISBN: 1-932205-89-6. Copyright 2004 by Edward Roy De Souza. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Thompson Unsolved Mystery at Cameron Highlands
- Jim Thompson House
- Jim Thompson Mystery Solved! Introduction
Posted on 8-Aug-2006