Jim Thompson Mystery Solved!
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King
Jim's sister found dead
The last appearance of Jim was unique in many ways: for the next few weeks, his eclipse was not only discussed at length; equally interesting, it became a subject which refused to die off on its own.
While many were still trying to figure out how he got lost, an odd development came to light approximately five months after he went astray. This incident not only threw up a lot of questions; it also added a fresh dimension to his strange exit from the resort.
On Wednesday, August 30, it was reported that his older sister, Mrs. Katherine Thompson Wood, 74, was found dead in her Pennsylvania home. The police were of the opinion that a blunt object was used to carry out the murder. But they were positive that her death had no relationship whatsoever to Jim's departure from the refuge. While some were inclined to accept it as such, there were just as many others who were not at all prepared to do so.
SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King (Excerpt) by Edward Roy De Souza
- Chapter 1 - The hunt for Jim Thompson
- Chapter 2 - Glimpses of the past
- Chapter 3 - Jim Thompson's founding of the Thai Silk Company
- Chapter 4 - Jim Thompson's 'House on the Klong'
- Chapter 5 - Jim Thompson visits the Cameron Highlands
- Chapter 6 - Jim Thompson's close shave
- Chapter 7 - Jim Thompson heads for the Lutheran Mission bungalow
- Chapter 8 - Jim Thompson's disappearance causes concern
- Chapter 9 - Dr Ling meets a shady character
- Chapter 10 - General Black joins in the hunt
- Chapter 11 - Thai Silk Company increases reward for finder of Jim Thompson
- Chapter 12 - Richard Noone comes up with a different view
- Chapter 13 - To each his own
- Chapter 14 - Jim Thompson's sister found dead
- Chapter Finale - Did Jim Thompson plan his disappearance?
Excerpts from "SOLVED! The Mysterious Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Legendary Thai Silk King", an imprint of Word Association Publishers (www.wordassociation.com), 205 5th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084, USA. ISBN: 1-932205-89-6. Copyright 2004 by Edward Roy De Souza. email@example.com
- Jim Thompson Unsolved Mystery at Cameron Highlands
- Jim Thompson House
- Jim Thompson Mystery Solved! Introduction
Posted on 8-Aug-2006