Travel Destinations Cameron Highlands
Picture Photos Gallery
Smokehouse Hotel and Restaurant
The charming tudor styled country house Smokehouse Hotel and Restaurant in Cameron Highlands with its beautifully well tended garden is a "must visit travel destination"! However visitors cannot just simply drop by and just roam about its compound. There is a price to pay. No, it is not an entrance fee, but one must be a staying guest or at least a dine in guest.
Room rates and meals are not cheap. So for the miser amongst you, you can always just have a simple tea and scones with its Devonshire cream. When I last visited there was no time limit as to when you could have afternoon tea. Unlike the Smokehouse Hotel in Fraser's Hill where the afternoon will only be served from 3pm to 6pm (similarly, the Lakehouse afternoon tea is only available from a certain time in the afternoon).
For the green thumbs amongst you, I bet you would really love the beatifully tended garden. One can have their afternoon tea on the tables and chairs provided just for that purpose. If weather permits, basking in the sunlight and enjoying the cool breeze and refreshing atmosphere is just what the doctor ordered. Far and away from the maddening crowd of the rat race. Ah!
- See also: Smokehouse Hotel and Restaurant
- Tea Plantation
- Jungle Walks The Parit Falls (Trail #4)
- Kellie's Castle
- Smokehouse Hotel and Restaurant
- Outdoor landscape photography by TS Bok
- Tourism Malaysia pictures of Bukit Larut (Maxwell Hill)
- A brief walking tour of Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands
- A 360° travel destination video tour of Brinchang, Cameron Highlands
- Jungle Walks - The Parit Falls (Trail #4)
- Food stalls during Ramadhan Buka Puasa (PJ area)
Gallery best viewed with IE 5.5 and above.
Posted on 08-Feb-2006