Where to eat in Cameron Highlands
Guide to best eateries
and interesting restaurants
"There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
-- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman"
Where there be good food you can be assured there will be a crowd. That's how we spot a good outlet from a poor one. Given the penchant that we all like to eat, you would not find a shortage of restaurants and eateries in Cameron Highlands. With so many of them, which one should we make a bee line to whet our appetites? Some restaurants that are good is worth revisiting while some would be wiser to re-consider when there are no other alternatives to consider.
It is good to have many choices since eating the same food day in day out would just make you sick and tired of the same food even if it was really tasty. I have quite the same dilemma around my office since the choice available was rather limited. It was more a case of eating to live than living to eat. In the highlands on the other hand you could find many good ones and not so good ones around.
The listing here is by no means complete but based on what I had tried and also by recommendations by others. Some were excellent while some were mediocre and yet there were some you should very give it a wide berth as though it was the plague. I will not mention the bad ones unless I truly dislike it lest the owners come after me with a hatchet and bar me entry to the highlands.
The list here is by no means exhaustive and inclusions will be added if I ever do try out the eateries or perhaps through recommendations or suggestions by readers like your good self.
So here goes in no particular order:
- Restaurant No. 14
- The Malay stalls along Tanah Rata main road
- Schwabing Haus Inn - German style foods
- Uncle Chow Kopitiam - Home cooked Nyonya foods
Second review of Uncle Chow's Kopitiam Restaurant
- Starbucks Coffee Shops in Cameron Highlands
- Marrybrown Restaurant
- Jasmine Cafe House Restaurant
Jasmine Cafe Restaurant second review
- Highland Restaurant and its charcoal steamboat
- You Hoo Restaurant
- OK Tuck Restaurant
- Strawberry Moment Dessert Cafe
- Golden Win Steamboat Restaurant
- Organic Charcoal Steamboat meals - Ho Organic Farm Restaurant and Cameron Organic Produce Restaurant
- Oldies and Goodies Roasted Restaurant
- Kentucky Fried Chicken aka KFC
- Smokehouse hotel and restaurant
- Charcoal Steamboat in Strawberry Park Resort Hotel
- YTL Cameron Highlands Resort - main restaurant + Gonbei Japanese Restaurant
- The Strawberry View Restaurant at Kea Farm
- Green View Garden Cafe
Oh, yea, there are franchise outlets like Merry Brown, KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), and even StarBucks! If you can't think of anything else to eat or lepak you can go for these...
- Guide to best eateries around Cameron Highlands
- Eating in Cameron Highlands
- Best Tea and Scones in Cameron Highlands
- Scones Recipe
Cameron Highlands Food Blog! Have Your Say!