Getting There by Bus
Don't have a car? Looks like you will have to take a coach bus to your Cameron Highlands travel destinations and vice-versa! Well, I have compiled a list of bus schedules in this page from various sources. Using bus coaches is quite convenient as compared to using train services. It takes you directly from the city centre directly to Tanah Rata. Using a bus to travel to your destination though limits the amount of personal items you can carry up to Cameron Highlands and of course, less souvenir items to bring back, which could be a good thing though! Less clutter in the house!
Buses connect to all the major cities in Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, Penang, and also to Singapore. Schedule listed here is a guide only, and you should check it up with the bus operator or at their sales counter for more detailed information. Advance booking may be necessary during peak period in order to get a seat.
Bus Transportation and Schedule:
Kuala Lumpur --- Cameron Highlands
Kurnia Bistari Coaches
Ticketing Counter #39 at Puduraya Central Bus Station, KL.
Tel: +603-2031 8307
Price: RM17.30, RM22.00 (VIP Bus)
Approximate travel time: 5 hours
Departure time KL: 9am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 3:30pm
Departure time CH: 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:30am, 1:30pm. 4:30pm
Unititi Express Service
Ticketing Counter #66 at Puduraya Central Bus Station, KL.
Tel: +605-4911452 / +605-4914181 / +6012-2150044 Price: Approx. RM22.00 (VIP Bus)
Departure time KL: 8:30am, 1:30pm
Departure time CH: 8:30am, 1:30pm
Singapore --- Cameron Highlands
Alisan (S) Pte Ltd
The coach will stop at Tapah, and you will have to transfer to a minivan which will take you up to Cameron Highlands. You will need to let the driver know where you like to stop at Cameron Highlands.
Daily Departure at 10pm from Golden Mile Complex, Beach Road.
Tel: +65-6294 4772
Price: Weekday (Sun-Thurs) S$85 per person
Weekend (Fri-Sun) S$95 per person
Peak Periods S$105 per person
Daily one way rates S$45
From Golden Mile Complex, Beach Road to Tanah Rata Bus Station.
Tel: +65-6294 9306
Daily rate: S$33
These buses travel from Singapore to Cameron Highlands via Kuala Lumpur.
Transnational Sdn Bhd
Tel: +603-20703300 (KL), +65-62947034 (S'pore)
Plus Liner Sdn Bhd
Tel: +603-20720763 (KL), +65-62565755 (S'pore)
Supercoach Sdn Bhd
Tel: +603-20708001 (KL), +65-62947711 (S'pore)
Sri Maju Sdn Bhd
Tel: +603-20701279 (KL)
Konsortium Sdn Bhd
Tel: +603-20313036 (KL)
Bus Terminal Puduraya
Some buses depart from Lavender Street, Singapore and some from Golden Mile Complex. Rates are approx S$30+. Please check with the buses companies for current fares and schedule. Approximate 6 hours travel time.
Ipoh --- Cameron Highlands
Departs from Ipoh Old Town Bus Station to Cameron Highlands.
Tel: +605-4911485, 05-4912978
Departure times: 9.30am, 11am, 5.30pm, and 7pm.
Daily rate: RM6.20
Tel: +605-4911200, +605-2540124
Departure times: 8am, 11am, 3pm, and 6pm
Daily rate: RM7.90
Penang --- Cameron Highlands
From Perangin Mall
Tel: +604-2623313, 04-2628313
Departure times from Pg: 8am, 9.30am, and 2pm
Departure times from CH via Simpang Pulai: 8am, 1.30pm, and 5.30pm
Departure times from CH via Tapah: 9am, 3pm.
Cameron Highlands to Taman Negara, Gua Musang, Kota Baru or Perhentian Island
For those who want more eco-travels and can't have enough of Malaysia natural beauty can make a trip from Cameron Highlands to Taman Negara. The minivan service is run by Golden Highlands Adventure Holidays Sdn Bhd (Tel: 05-4914478, 019-4232282). It takes you right to Kuala Tembeling Pier. The rate is about RM65.
They also run other service that goes to Gua Musang Jungle Train Station, Kota Baru and Perhentian Island. Rate is about RM45.
Departure time is 7.30am from your hotel or guesthouse.
PS: due to the many price fluctuation of petrol and cost of living, do check with them for the correct pricing. The above may be out of date.
- How to go Cameron Highlands
- Getting there by Coach/Buses
- Getting and moving around Cameron Highlands
- Cameron Highlands Map - a rough guide.
- Pahang state map, tourism Malaysia
- Bus station Terminal Freesia at Tanah Rata
- Driving tips to your travel destination
- Travel from Singapore to Cameron Highlands
- While passing by Simpang Pulai, how about a quick detour to Kellie's Castle?
- Idil's Light Hearted Cameron Highlands Trip Account
- From Cameron Highlands to Tasik Kenyir lake Terengganu. An outdoor adventure drive!
- Take a break from your long Cameron Highlands journey and stop by Bidor, Perak for a quick meal and white coffee break.
- Break the long journey to Cameron Highlands; guide to the North-South PLUS Expressway
- PLUS Rest Service Areas in Johor - Machap and Pagoh
- Guide to plan a 3 days / 2 nights travel itinerary
- Year 2011 Calendar Malaysia Holidays
- Year 2010 Calendar Malaysia Holidays for planning your trip to Cameron Highlands
- Year 2009 Calendar Malaysia Holidays for planning your trip to Cameron Highlands
- Year 2008 Calendar Malaysia Holidays for planning your trip to Cameron Highlands
- Avoid the crowd when planning your cuti-cuti trip to Cameron Highlands
- View the year 2007 calendar as a guide to plan for your vacation
- The troubles you might experience on a peak season - traffic jams and water shortage woes
- How about planning a day trip to Cameron Highlands?
Posted on 9-Feb-2006